|Los Angeles Divorce Attorney
Child Custody and Divorce Lawyer in Los Angeles
Sample Legal Custody Plans
In deciding on issues relating to legal custody, form "Joint Legal Custody Attachment" FL-341 (E) which
has been approved by the Judicial Council of California is helpful. It can be found at www.courtinfo.ca.
gov/forms/ Where both parents are cooperative and are able to communicate the following joint legal
custody language can be used.
The parties shall have joint legal custody of the child(ren). In exercising joint legal custody, the parties
shall make every reasonable effort to foster feelings of affection between themselves and the child
(ren). The parties shall cooperate and consult with one another so as to reach mutual agreement on all
issues affecting the health, education and welfare of the children, including but not limited to the
(1) Enrollment or termination in a particular private or public school/child care/summer camp;
(2) Beginning or ending the regular practice of religion;
(3) Commencement of psychiatric, psychological or other mental health counseling or therapy;
(4) Authorizing the children’s drivers’ licenses;
(5) Passport applications;
(6) Enrollment in regular extracurricular activities;
(7) Non-emergency medical or dental treatment, other than routine check-ups.
Sample physical custody plans
Contact a Los Angeles Divorce Attorney at Law Offices of Warren R. Shiell to discuss your
Please call to make an appointment at 310.247.9913.
© 2009 Warren R. Shiell. All rights reserved. Los Angeles Divorce and Family Law Attorney. The information contained in
this website is an "Advertisement." It is for informational purposes only and shall not constitute legal advice. Nothing in this
Website shall be deemed to create an Attorney-Client relationship. An Attorney-Client relationship shall only be created when
this office agrees to represent a Client and a Client signs a written retainer agreement.