7. What should I do if my spouse injures me?

If your spouse injures you or anyone else in your household, call the police immediately. The police
can, if warranted, contact an on-call judicial officer and issue an Emergency Protective Order (also
called an EPO) on the spot. This would legally prohibit your spouse from coming within a certain
distance of you. It also may grant you temporary custody of your children and bar your spouse from
the family home. An EPO remains in effect for five court days. To obtain a longer-term restraining
local court. Most courts have facilitators who can help you fill out the necessary forms. For more
information, request a free copy of the State Bar pamphlet
Can the Law Help Protect Me from
Domestic Violence? (See #17 for information on ordering the bar's pamphlets.)

GO BACK                                                             

Contact a Family Lawyer at Law Offices of Warren R. Shiell today!
Please call to make an appointment 310.247.9913.


                                                                                                  < HOME
© 2009 Warren R. Shiell. All rights reserved. Family Lawyer and Family Law Attorney. The information contained in
this website is an "Advertisement." It is for informational purposes only and shall not constitute legal advice. Nothing in this  
Website shall be deemed to create an Attorney-Client relationship. An Attorney-Client relationship shall only be created when
this office agrees to represent a Client and a Client signs a written retainer agreement.
Divorce Attorneys Lawyers Los Angeles
divorce and separation in california
divorce and separation in los angeles
seven dos and don't in divorce
uses and abuses of the internet in divorce
divorce faqs
divorce and family law books
child custody law and procedures in california
property division in divorce in california
child support
spousal support in ca
prenuptial agreements in california
domestic violence in california
taxes in divorce in california
family law forms california
california family law
parenting plans in california
california court guides
divorce books and resources
family case law california
helpful legal directories
client testimonials
law offices of warren r. shiell about us

Family Lawyer

Certified Family Law Specialist - Domestic Violence

Family law attorneys at Law Offices of Warren R. Shiell  represent clients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Brentwood, West Hollywood, Culver City, Glendale, Pasadena, Santa Monica,
Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, Calabasas, Burbank, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, other areas around Los Angeles and Southern California. We also represent clients from out of state and
different countries Europe, Americas and Australia among others on California divorce and family law matters.
Site Map

1875 Century Park East, Suite 600
Los Angeles, CA 90067
tel. (310) 247-9913
fax. (310) 276-0313
Divorce Lawyer Los Angeles Beverly Hills